We are currently looking for cheese makers to join our growing team in the City of Compton. The responsibilities include physically making the cheese as described below, testing the cheese, moving the cheese around to the next production steps and cleaning of various equipment and machinery.
• Cut vat of curd using wire harps
• Using wire harps, with one other person walk the length of the vats twice and cut the curd into 3/8 inch cubes by pulling the harps through the curd.
• Stirring of curd
• standing / walking / pushing & pulling with a rake through the 780 gallon – 1750 gallons of cheese and whey. Some vats have automated stirring, some do not.
• Fold and cut curd in vat
• Pull Curd out of vat
• Scooping Ricotta cheese
• Cleaning vats and equipment
• Requires standing / bending / lifting (multiple slabs of curd each weighing approx. 20-40 lbs.) from the vats / twisting
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs+
• The environment is wet and can be very hot. Sometimes working in and out of a refrigerated room is required.
Monday’s start time6:30am to 3:00 pm
Tuesday through Friday 4:30am to 1:00pm
Note: The position will start at $13.00 per hour during the training period, after fully trained the hourly wage will be $15.00 per hour. Because of the nature of our business, there may be additional job duties and work procedures that will be communicated to all the affected employees.
If interested please do not hesitate to contact us at (562) 203-3673.
ALL OF OUR POSITIONS OFFER A NO COST PREVENTATIVE WELLNESS HEALTHCARE.